Now I can proudly say that I am never apprehensive about any vegetable. Because I loved this salad and I loved how brussel sprouts can be so yielding if they are managed right. This recipe doesn’t even have a dressing. It’s just olive oil and a few drops of vinegar. It does have some herbs in it for some texture as well as aroma.
I cooked brussel sprouts earlier, but not as a salad. But this salad has definitely proven to be a better option to do.
- 300 gm brussel sprouts
- A handful of pistachios
- Leaves from 2-3 stalks of mint
- A tiny bunch of coriander
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil
– Shred the brussel sprouts by hand or on your mandolin or in the processor. I did it by hand since it was quite a small quantity
– Throw in the shredded vegetable in boiling water and blanch them for not more than a minute.
– Toast your pistachios till they release their aroma
– Finely chop coriander and mint, saving some mint for throwing in on top later
– In a mixing bowl, add the blanched sprouts, toasted nuts, herbs; mix in; add in olive oil and mix in again; now season with salt (and pepper if do).