How can I tell you how good these are?! Do I say these are “melt-in-the-mouth” good? “Heavenly”? Or what? You must simply try it to understand what I mean when I call them the ultimate tea-time healthy snack. These are what all healthy snacks should necessarily be – healthy, super delicious, and filling. I am not particularly a peanut butter freak, but this has bowled me over since the time I made them. I am a fan of prunes and dates per se, but I have never really used them in making anything other than cakes or brownies. These are my new-found love.
- ½ cup of almonds
- ½ of peanuts
- 3 tbspns of light olive oil
- 3 tbspns of peanut butter
- 1 cup of dates
- ½ tspn of salt
– Toast your almonds and peanuts (separately), cool them for a bit and process them to a coarse powder.
– Deseed the dates and add them to the ground nuts; add in the peanut butter and most of the olive oil, and salt
– Process till everything is combined, the dates are all mashed and the mixture comes together as a ball. You can add a little more olive oil as you go along, if necessary to make the mixture come together
– Make balls out of the mixture, make a cross hatch with a fork and chill them till they are a little firm.