I make eggless recipes very few times. But now I think I’ll make it more frequent than before, owing to reasons of better health. From tomorrow, till around 3 months, I am on a strict diet, with indulgences allowed only on weekends, either at home or out of home. Let me see how far I can take it forward. So, in other words, expect a lot of vegan dishes, salads, high-protein dishes, and essentially low fat dishes. My target is to lose 8 kilos by the end of June 2013. Easy? Not easy? Let me see how far I can succeed. I will keep updating every week about my weight-loss targets achieved/not achieved.
So, back to the recipe; I made these yesterday evening. They turned out absolutely delish, crummy, and are quite healthy. These can be had as breakfast or in the evening. Also, these can be stored for 2-3 days in the fridge.
- 1 + ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of crystallized white sugar
- 1 tspn baking powder(double action)
- 1 tspn ground cinnamon
- 3 tbspn buttermilk (creamy, but not watery)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (or any odorless zero-cholesterol oil)
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- A handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
– Preheat your oven to 180C
– In a large mixing bowl, add in all the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon.
– In another bowl, mix in all the wet ingredients till they are combined well.
– Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, and combine well; add in the chopped walnuts and fold them in.
– Into a lined cupcake tin, scoop in the batter and bake for 30-35 min, till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool them for about 10 min. before you devour.