Its been exactly 10 days since I posted the cake recipe, and gone on a strict diet. I should say I am doing well. I am down by 4 pounds (2 kilos) and have 6 more to go. And my efforts for healthy food continue, with my workout and yoga.
Let me see how far I can go until I am down by a 6 more kilos (12 pounds more).
So, back to the salad; I made this salad some 3 days back and have had the time to post it only now. This is a sweet, light salad and therefore very right if you are on a diet like me. And what I have noticed is that the lighter herbs go better with a vegetable like carrot, because they do not dominate. I used fresh oregano and parsley. You could use others like thyme or marjoram if you like.
- 5-6 carrots, washed, peeled and sliced in a box grater/processor
- A handful of walnuts, toasted
- Fresh herbs like oregano and parsley, chopped roughly
- 1 tspn grain mustard (paste)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh ground black pepper (optional)
– Steam the carrots in sufficient water, for 5-7 min. they should be nearly tender to the teeth, and not completely tender.
– Meanwhile, in a bowl, make your dressing by combining the grain mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and herbs
– Pour over the steamed carrots; add in the walnuts, season, combine again, and serve warm.