It has been a week again, and I am back with an update on my weight management schedule. I am down by another 2.5 kilos (5 pounds). Did I tell you that I have increased the number of kilos to my goal? I have made it 15 (give or take).
And when I see Broccoli, it has to be a salad. I revved it up a little this time with some fresh spinach sauce.
- 250 gm broccoli, cut into florets
- 200 gm cabbage, shredded a little chunky
- A handful of toasted pistachio nuts
- A handful of spinach leaves (baby or the regular variety), washed and cleaned, and chopped roughly
- 2-3 tbspns of yogurt, quite thick, as the dressing is all this is
- 2 garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
– Wash and clean the broccoli florets, and cabbage, and keep aside to dry for a bit
– I did not cook or even steam the spinach, as I believe in raw or almost raw food, but you cook/steam the spinach of you like. So, for the sauce, put the leaves, garlic cloves, and the yogurt in the processor/blender, with a tspn of olive oil and blend till smooth.
– Toss your now dried broccoli and cabbage in a tspn or 2 of olive oil for exactly 2 min. Season the mixture
– Mix in the tossed pistachio nuts and toss a few around on your plate.
– Pour the dressing over, and serve warm