All this dieting has made me understand what I crave the most out of all the food that we (the husband and I) have. And what I tend to shop for the most during such programs is proteins in any lean form. Being a vegetarian, may be losing weight is a whole new ballgame for me; but I have done it earlier and I am re-doing it now, and what I have realized is that proteins make you less hungry and control your appetite as well. The choices of proteins for vegetarians are surprisingly many – sprouts, cuts, mushrooms, lentils (pulses) and grains. Mix and match them and you get the required nutrition.
I eat this as a snack on some evenings. It definitely helps in keeping my hunger at bay, till around 8pm, my dinner time.
- 60 gm roasted corn flakes
- 60 gm roasted soy beans
- 60 gm roasted split chickpeas (small)
- 150 gm puffed rice
- 150 gm flattened rice
- ½ a cucumber, chopped finely
- 1 medium sized onion, or ½ a large onion, chopped finely
- A bunch of coriander leaves, chopped finely
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh ground black pepper (optional)
Mix all the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and serve immediately.