Baby Aubergines mean roasted vegetable that day. And for lunch, these work perfectly. These accompanied with a Moroccan dip, is a heavenly combination, when you eat such things after long diet programs. You could roast them in the oven and sit back, and turn them at regular intervals. But I somehow did not want to go through all that.
- 300 gm baby aubergines, cut in halves
- 100 gm tomato paste (not puree)
- 2 handfuls fresh mint leaves, chopped finely
- A handful fresh basil, chopped finely
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 1 tbspn Zatar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Heat a non-stick griddle to maximum and then reduce it to medium flame, just before you roast the aubergines.
– In a large tray (preferably), pour in 2 tbspn of olive oil, add the mint, tomato paste, zatar, and season it and keep it aside.
– Marinate your halved aubergines in this dip and keep aside for 2 min or so.
– Place the aubergines cut-side down first and roast them for about 3-4 min or so on that side. Turn them and roast them for a min or so on the skin side.
– While these are roasting, prepare your extra dip by adding basil and chopped leeks to the already made mixture.
– Pour over the roasted aubergine and serve hot