If I were to start talking about how I got addicted to food, it would take another day for me to finish writing. I will just say that my food addiction comes in handy when I really want to eat, and not count my calories. But I can proudly say that I have learnt to make food that I can enjoy and is at the same time low in carbohydrates, thanks to whatever little fitness conscience I have.
Did you actually understand what I just said above? Or was it just a paragraph of random thoughts? Both; I know!
Coming to this salad, this is a very simple, straightforward salad, drawing inspiration from some robust Italian flavors.
- 4 medium carrots – chopped length-wise and halved
- 200 gm French beans, washed, cleaned and heads removed
- 5 to 8 medium sized tomatoes – roughly chopped
- A handful of sprouts
- A bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbspn balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
– Preheat the oven to 220 C
– With a tbspn of olive oil, grease the carrots and beans in the baking tray itself, and place them to grill in the oven
– Grill till they are charred or till you feel it is right
– I placed even the sprouts in the oven for the last 7 minutes
– In a processor, place tomatoes, parsley and garlic, and process till the mixture is a semi liquid. Add the balsamic and drizzle oil, add salt, and start whizzing again till the mixture become an almost fine liquid, appropriate for dressing
– After the vegetables are grilled, dress them with this, and adjust seasoning. Serve warm