It’s very confusing climate here. One day its hot, and the other its chilly. When I want to go out for a long walk in the evening with my dog, it is raining (pouring!). And when I do infact expect rain, it is as dry as possible.
Anyway, the recipe now.
- 150 gm squash, skinned and cut into chunks or 2 inch pieces
- 150 gm cauliflower, roughly chopped into the same size
- A bunch of fresh mint leaves
- Half a tomato, or 2-3 cherry tomatoes
- Juice and zest of half an orange
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
– Preheat the oven to the highest (250 C), and roast the squash pieces (greased) till they are lightly charred. Half way through the time, I placed the cauliflower florets too.
– Meanwhile, make the dressing with the tomatoes, orange juice and zest, mint leaves and garlic. Add the olive oil and fee tspns of water to the mixture to emulsify. I did not add any nuts to this, but you could if you like.
– This is not a very acidic dressing, since you would be using orange instead of lime. It gives a sweet and refreshing touch to the whole salad.
– After the veg are roasted, pour the dressing over, season, and serve warm