I roasted squash again. And I would love to do it again and again. The sweetness of squash reminds me of baby food, somehow. The conventional combination with squash has been blue cheese or Feta, but I used cottage cheese; the reason being less cholesterol and less fattening than the other two. But you could substitute. Also, the first batch of roasted squash I made had the skins on, and the second batch didn’t. So, you could do them without skin. We got organic squash in the market nearby, so I was tempted to leave the skin on.
- 250 gm squash, chopped into cubes
- 50gm Cottage cheese, crumbled
- Fresh Pomegranate seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper (optional)
– Preheat the oven to 230 C, and place the squash cubes for roasting. Roast them till they are lightly charred, and put them aside to add the rest of the ingredients
– Make the dressing with 2 tbspns of olive oil, ½ tspn of cinnamon and salt. You can add some chopped mint too.
– Add pomegranate seeds to the roasted squash that you set aside, pour the dressing over, top the dish with crumbled cottage cheese. Serve warm