I never liked roasted tomatoes or raw tomatoes in a salad; not until I tried this salad. I had a sudden craving for mustard the other day. I generally make mustard paste at home, since we are regular users of the spice and it is always available at home. But this time I used store bought stuff; the one that is vinegary and sharp.
- 200 gm French beans, washed, heads removed and halved
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 big bunch of fresh mint leaves
- 50 gm grain mustard
- 1 tbspn red wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
– Roast the beans in the oven till they are lightly charred
– In a very hot griddle, pour a tspn of oil and roast the tomatoes till they are charred. I left them to char quite well, but you can take them out earlier if you like.
– A lot of juices would be left in the pan after the tomatoes are removed; add mustard to these juices, cook for about 20 seconds, and add red wine vinegar. Cook for another 20 seconds, and pour the dressing over the charred tomatoes.
– Combine the roasted beans and tomatoes, season, and dress with lots of mint; serve warm