- 150-200 g fresh Amaranth leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 100 g instant oats
- 250 g almond flour
- 2 tbspns rice flour
- 3-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 spring-onion, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh herbs (I used fresh oregano)
- 1 green chilli, chopped finely
- 4 tbspn fresh yogurt
- 2 tbspn coconut milk
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
– Add the oats, almond flour and rice flour to a mixing bowl and keep aside
– In a pan on low-medium heat, add cumin seeds and let them splutter (5-7 seconds), and then add the finely chopped garlic cloves and spring onion, sauté, and add the finely chopped amaranth leaves.
– Cook for about 30 seconds. They take only so long to wilt a bit. Take the mixture off the heat and add this to a bowl containing the oat-almond-rice flour mixture.
– Stirring continuously, add the yogurt, coconut milk, herbs and green chilli. The oats in the mixture will tend to absorb all the moisture, so add water as you go along.
– Season the mixture, and let it sit for about 10 min.
– Make pancakes from the mixture; make them on low-medium heat. These took me 2 ½ min on the first side and a min on the other. Serve them warm with a cool yogurt dip