- 200 g broccoli, washed and chopped into florets
- 200 g French beans (or whatever is available)
- 100 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped finely
- 3-5 cherry tomatoes, squished
- A bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 50 g sunflower seeds (roasted or plain, but definitely unsalted)+ more for sprinkling later
- 10 g cumin seeds
- 10 g coriander seeds
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbspns green olives, pitted
- 2 green chillies (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
– Prep the vegetables by washing them and letting them dry for a bit.
– Roast them till lightly golden but not charred
– Meanwhile, in a tspn of olive oil, roast the cumin and coriander seeds, and garlic cloves till the cloves are light golden.
– Add in the chopped pumpkin and then the tomatoes. Let the pumpkin steam for about 3 -4 minutes on medium heat. Add little water or vinegar if necessary, to support the steaming process.
– Take the pumpkin mixture off the stove, and place it in a blender, along with the fresh coriander leaves, olives, (chillies, if using), and sunflower seeds.
– Blend with bits of water and olive oil till the mixture emulsifies. Adjust seasoning.
– After the vegetables have roasted, mix in the pumpkin dressing and serve warm with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds, and a final dressing of olive oil.