I am beginning to be obsessed with my new “spiral cutter”! You could alternatively use the julienne attachment of your peeler.
- 5 medium sized or 3 large carrots noodled
- A variety of vegetables (I used cauliflower, carrots and squash, 200 g each)
- 1 bunch, or 110 g of fenugreek leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tspn coriander seeds
- 2 dry red chillies
- 10 black olives (pitted)
- 1 tspn red wine vinegar
- Handful of roasted almonds
- Extra virgin olive oil
– Roast your vegetables to combine with the carrot spaghetti.
– After you have “noodled”/julienne peeled your carrots, blanch them for a minute and run them under cold water. Let a tspn or two of water remain in the dish, to allow the carrots to remain moist.
– To make the dressing, add a tspn of olive oil to a pan on medium heat, and lightly roast the coriander seeds and chillies for 10-20 seconds; add the garlic clove and half of the ginger; sauté for 30 seconds.
– Add the fenugreek leaves and sauté for another minute.
– Add this mixture, olives, and the rest of the ginger to the blender and, with the help of the red wine vinegar and a tbspn of olive oil, let the mixture come together. Season. This is your pickle.
– Combine the carrot spaghetti, roasted vegetables, roasted almonds, and the dressing, and serve while still warm.