- 2 cups organic finger millet flour
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (light muscovado sugar)
- 1 tbspn cacao powder
- 1 cup almonds, with skin, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tspn cloves, coarsely ground
- 1 tbspn dried lavender flowers (lightly ground between fingers) (optional)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup of peanut butter
– Preheat your oven to 190C
– In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (millet flour, oats, sugar, cacao, salt and ground cloves, and lavender (if using)). I used only ¾ cup of sugar, but you could use more sugar if you like.
– In another bowl, thoroughly mix all the dry ingredients (yogurt, water and peanut butter).
– Combine the dry with the wet ingredients well, and then fold-in the almonds.
– Spread the mixture on a greased and lined baking tray, and bake for 22-25 minutes, till a toothpick/knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
– Let it cool, and cut into bars/squares. They keep well for 3-5 days in the fridge. Reheat them and spread some peanut butter before eating, for extra deliciousness!