An overdose of carrots! I know.
But I cannot help but love carrots! May be because they are really easy on the digestive system; or may be because they are sweet and delicious and perennially available. Here’s to another carrot salad. I sliced the carrots lengthwise and left quite chunky florets of cauliflower, but you could modify the chopped vegetables’ size as you wish. This salad is an ode to the beginning of summer here. Green mangoes have just begun to become available.
- 6 medium-sized carrots, washed, peeled, and sliced length-wise
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into medium sized florets
- 1 medium sized green mango, 150-175 g
- 1 small ripe tomato
- 1.5 inch ginger
- 2 small green chillies
- 1 ½ tspn mild English mustard
- 1 tbspn zatar
- Extra virgin olive oil
– Coat the carrots with a tbspn of olive oil and the zatar spice. Roast them at 220 C till they are lightly charred
– Roast the cauli florets till they are lightly charred too.
– For the dressing, roughly chop the mango, ginger, tomato, and green chillies, and mustard, and little tspn of salt and, blend them with few tspns of olive oil in order to emulsify the mixture
– Combine the dressing with the roasted vegetables, adjust seasoning, and serve warm with a drizzle of olive oil.