- 300 g lentils
- 1 medium-sized bottlegourd (around 250-300 g), diced into ¼ cm pieces
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped finely
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- 75 g of fresh dill leaves, washed
- 1 small green mango, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper (optional)
– First, cook your lentils for the required cooking time. I used tur dal; so it took me close to 35 minutes to cook them on the stove, without a pressure cooker. Soak them if necessary, beforehand. I cooked them till they still had a bite to them, and did not become mushy
– Meanwhile, in a tspn of oil, roast cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté till onions are transparent, and take the mixture off the heat
– In the blender/food processor, process dill, green mango, and green chillies, till everything is combined well.
– Add the cooked lentils to the onion mixture, add the chopped bottlegourd, season, and add the dill and mango dressing, and serve warm.