I don’t know if it is the sweetness of the squash or me, but I literally used a heaped tablespoon of black pepper in this, plus a good amount of small green chillies in this!
- 300 g Squash or alternatively Pumpkin, washed, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbspn or more of fresh ground black pepper
- 3 small green chillies, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tspn cumin seeds
- Handful of almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of basmati or other rice, steamed/cooked
- Extra virgin olive oil
– In a greased baking tray, spread out the sliced squash, and coat the slices well with the pepper. Roast till charred for 20 to 30 min at 200 C
– Prepare the rest of the dish by add a tspn of oil to a skillet and roasting the cumin seeds, garlic and chillies till garlic is lightly brown
– After the squash is done, start layering the plate with rice first, then roasted squash, then the garli-chilli mixture, and finally almonds.
– Serve immediately