- 3 heads of fennel
- 250 g small aubergines
- 100 g green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 100 g fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbspns dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1 tbspn cumin seeds
- 1 medium red onion, chopped into moons
- 2 tbspns of lemon juice
- a handful of roughly chopped and toasted walnuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
– Preheat the oven to 200 C
– Slit the fennel heads into 4 slices each, vertically, and slit the small aubergines also vertically
– Coat both the vegetables well with fenugreek leaves after greasing them with a bit of oil.
– Roast them to your liking. I personally like them lightly charred. Sprinkle in the cumin seeds half way through roasting
– While the veg are roasting, in a small bowl pour the lemon juice and seep the onion moons in it. Blanch the green peas for 10 seconds in boiling water and keep aside.
– After the veg have roasted, layer them on to a plate, with the aubergines and fennel first, and then green peas, pomegranate seeds and onion, and then walnuts. Serve warm or at room temp.