I don’t know what to say about these. These are just simple roasted peppers that have been stuffed with onions, nuts, zucchini, and figs. But the joy of simple dishes is sometimes underestimated, don’t you think?
- 5-8 bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- Handful of walnuts
- 2-3 green chillies
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 5 fresh figs
- 10-12 fresh curry leaves
- Olive oil (light or extra virgin)
– Preheat the oven to 220 C
– Cut the bell peppers into halves, brush them with olive oil, and roast them till they are cooked. Mine took about 25 minutes
– Meanwhile finely chop the onion, walnuts, and chilli. And chop the zucchini also finely
– After 20 min of roasting the peppers, take them out and fill them 3/4th with the onion-walnut mixture. Season, put them back in the oven and roast them for another 5 minutes, till the onion-walnut mixture is half-cooked.
– Slice the figs vertically and roast them with a tspn of oil on the stove.
– After the filled peppers are cooked, top them with the chopped zucchini, a slice of the fig, and an oil-brushed (uncooked) curry leaf. Adjust seasoning. Serve warm with Indian bread or rice.