- 1 cup WW Flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat flakes
- 1/4th cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- 4 tbspns organic coconut starch
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4th cup wild honey
- 3/4th cup orange juice
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
– Preheat your oven to 180C
– Grind/process the oats and wheat flakes separately, till they are coarsely ground, because you still need a lot of texture for this cake.
– In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, oats, wheat flakes, salt, baking powder, nuts if using, and coconut starch)
– In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (juice, honey, oil).
– Pour wet into the dry ingredients, and combine well till the mixture reaches dropping consistency.
– Be quick and transfer the mixture to a lined & greased cake tin/loaf tin. Bake at 180 C for 30 min, and at 150 C for another 20 min. The top will go a good brown and a knife inserted will come clean. This cake is supposed to be crumbly; and it will definitely turn out that way, thanks to all the oats and wheat flakes you use!
Let it cool down, and store. The granola cake stays well for upto 4 days in the fridge. Serve with a good helping of warn milk at breakfast.