- 200 g okra, washed and patted dry
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Light olive oil
- A pinch of turmeric (powder)
– Preheat oven to 200 C
– Prepare/cook quinoa as you do (quinoa : water is generally a 1:2 ratio for me)
– Chop the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger finely
– Also prepare the onion mixture by heating oil in a pan, adding garlic, ginger, chilli and onion, and cooking till the onions are translucent. Add the cooked quinoa, season with salt and turmeric and combine well.
– Take each okra and slit vertically half way through, to enable stuffing.
– Brush the okra with oil and roast for 15 minutes. Take them out, let them cool for a bit and stuff them with the onion-quinoa mixture. Roast the stuffed okra for another 10 min. Top up with fresh coriander leaves and serve with roti or rice.