Chilli for breakfast, anyone?
Or how about something baked? Or, how about both in one go?
These carrot and chilli muffins are just the right thing for mornings. They are sweet, but sugarless, and spicy but just the right amount.
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1 ½ fresh red chilli
- 100 g dates, pitted
- 2 ½ cups WW flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 ½ cups + 1 ½ tbspn low-fat, runny yogurt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Jamun honey
– Preheat the oven to 190 C
– In a medium sized mixing bowl, add the flour, salt and baking powder and keep aside.
– Grate the carrot and finely slice the chilli, and roughly chop up the dates
– In another bowl, add the oil, yogurt and honey, and whisk well.
– Add the grated carrots, dates and chilli to the dry ingredients’ mixture. Then add the whisked wet ingredients. Combine well, but do not over-mix. The batter will be a little lumpy, which is just right.
– Grease or line your muffin tray and pour the batter into the moulds and bake for 30 min.
These muffins keep well for 2-3 days in the fridge, but not more, since they are quite moist.