One of the best things to do, it is said in ayurveda, is to have raw vegetable juice first thing in the morning. I have never done that in my entire life. But these mini-cakes come really close to that. Atleast there are vegetables in it!
- 150 g beetroot, washed and peeled
- 50 g young ginger, washed and peeled
- 1 cup WW flour
- 1 tbspn rice flour
- 11 tbspn yogurt
- 6 tbspn light olive oil
- 1 heaped tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn salt
- Honey and extra yogurt for garnish
- First off, roughly chop the beetroot and ginger, and keep aside. Preheat the oven to 200 C, and roast the chopped beetroot in the oven for 15 minutes, till the veg is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the yogurt and oil. Add this mixture to the dry mixture that is prepared. Start mixing to incorporate everything.
- Add in the ginger, and after beetroot has come out of the oven, mix that in as well. You may want to work fast to combine the beet at this time, so that baking powder doesn’t start acting already. Immediately transfer the batter to moulds and then to the oven, now reduced to 190 C.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cakes are light brown and a skewer comes out clean
- Serve them warm with cool yogurt and honey.