Lunch – a regular affair with food that is moderately heavy, spicy and filling; a meal that is second in the day (for us); food that you tend to wait for, after almost half a day’s work; any more descriptions for lunch?
- 200 g of pumpkin (approx. ¼ of a pumpkin)
- 50 g fresh dill leaves, washed
- 80-100 g zucchini, washed
- 2 medium fresh red chillies
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Your favourite pasta
- Fill a large dish with water and set it to boil on the stove, while you prepare your veg. and sauce
- Wash, peel and chop the pumpkin into less than 1.4 inch cubes, roughly chop the dill leaves, finely chop the zucchini (you need not peel), and finely chop ½ the garlic cloves and all the chillies, except half a chilli.
- Start cooking the veg. by heating a tsp of oil in a large non-stick dish and adding the chopped chillies and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds on medium heat, and add the chopped pumpkin. Cook for 5 minutes, adding 50 ml of water in between, to help the steam/cooking process. Season, cook for 3 minutes more, switch off and set aside.
- In a processor, add the dill leaves, remaining garlic cloves, 10 ml of pasta water, and the remaining half chilli. Start processing and add 10 ml of oil in between and process again, to emulsify the mixture. Adjust seasoning. This is your sauce.
- After the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and combine it with the pumpkin. Add the dill sauce and combine again. While serving, top with the finely chopped zucchini and some fresh dill, with an extra serving of olive oil.