- 250 – 300 g of pumpkin, chopped into boats
- 1 heaped tablespoon red chilli flakes (preferably homemade)
- 200 g ring beans
- A big bunch of fresh amaranth leaves
- 1 medium leek
- Extra virgin olive oil
If you prefer peeling the pumpkin, please do. I did not want to peel it, in the first place; so I just chopped and roasted the vegetable till it was soft and charred, and the skin became chewy.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C
- Cover the chopped pumpkin in chilli flakes and drizzle a tbspn of oil on the veggies. Coat the pieces thoroughly with oil and chilli flakes, and start roasting in the bottom rack.
- Meanwhile, make the beans ready by chopping them into halves and then finely chopping the leek.
- In the middle rack of the oven, roast the greased beans and leeks.
- After the pumpkin in charred, remove, arrange the salad by first laying out the pumpkin, then beans and leeks and finally the amaranth leaves. Drizzle another tbspn of oil, salt (and pepper), and serve warm!