When I made these cookies with an online recipe, they turned out like charcoal. Yes, it happens at times (with online recipe). I made my own version of cookies for the subsequent batch. These Here goes how.
- 100 g vegetable oil
- 1 tspn pure vanilla paste
- 50 g vanilla infused dark brown sugar
- 70 ml milk at room temp
- 1 tspn double action baking soda
- 160 g whole wheat flour
- 160 g instant oats
- 80-100 g frozen cranberries
- 80 g flax seeds (lightly roasted)
- 80 g sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160 C
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the oil in, and add the milk, and the vanilla paste, and mix well.
- In another large bowl, combine the dry ingredients except the flax seeds, berries and seeds.
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, mix well until the mixture come together to become reasonably thick.
- Add the flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, and the berries and fold these in well.
- Grease and line a cookie sheet/baking tray
- In your hands, make small patties of balls of the cookie dough and place them equidistantly on the tray/sheet
- Bake for 17-22 minutes, let them cool completely before storing them away. The cookies that come out of the oven will have light cracks on them; the cookies become harder/firmer as they cool.