We eat a lot of fruit; and a variety of them. But somehow, I have never used them in cooking. This crumble represents all the goodness in fruits, and all the love that we have for fruits.
- 1 cup Wholewheat flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tbspns Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbspns organic demerara sugar
- 1 ½ tbspn jumbo oats
- 1 ½ tbspn pumpkin seeds
- A handful of walnuts
- 1 Apple
- 1 Pear
- A handful of blueberries
- 1 dragon fruit
- 1 Orange
- 5 fresh figs
- Preheat the oven to 190 C, and grease a pie dish or a round cake dish
- Roughly cut/chop all the fruits, except the blueberries, and place them in the dish that you are using. Sprinkle a tbspn of sugar and leave aside. Slice the figs too and keep aside
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour and ¼ cup of oil and rub the oil between your fingers till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the oats, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and 2 tbspns of sugar into the flour-oil mixture. Combine well with your fingers or a fork.
- Spread the mixture on top the fruits, and lay the sliced figs on top of the mixture. Drizzle the 2 remaining tbspns of oil on top, so that the whole surface is covered with the oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, till the top turns golden brown and crisp. Serve warm/room temp.