When you are perpetually on a diet, but still fond of these simple pleasures like cookies, cakes and biscuits, the best way, I find, is portion-control. These mini chocolate cookies do the job perfectly well!
- 2 ½ cups wholewheat flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 heaped tspn baking powder
- 2 tbspns organic brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup + 1 tbspn organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 tbspns fresh natural yogurt
- 1 tspn coconut essence
- 1 tspn organic vanilla essence (optional)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
This cookie dough can be made in just 1 bowl. The recipe makes about 40 mini cookies, or 20-22 larger ones.
Preheat the oven to 150 C
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre, and add the oils, vanilla and coconut essences, and 3 tbspn of yogurt.
- Mix well until combined uniformly.
- Line and grease a baking sheet/cookie sheet.
- Just before you transfer blobs of the cookie dough onto the sheet, add in the last tbspn of yogurt and mix well again. Now make blobs smaller than a lemon, and place them on the cookie sheet
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the cookies are light brown and still slightly soft in the centre.
- Let them cool completely before storing them away.