Hello, after a long time. The past month has been hectic for us, travelling, and family dinners, and luncheons. May be this week is the start of a more peaceful time period. This cake is an ode to that.
An Orange Cake is a testament to Summers and Monsoons for us. We get these small oranges that are really sweet and juicy, and deserve special treatment. So, here goes:
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup Buttermilk
- Juice and Zest of 3 small Oranges/2 medium ones
- ½ cup vegetable oil/canola oil
- ¼ cup organic Honey
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 2 tspns baking powder
- 1 tspn salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, zest, salt and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix in juice, buttermilk, honey, oil and vanilla extract
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients, and make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a lined loaf tin, and bake for 30-40 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely, and then drizzle with honey and serve.