Home-grown vegetables have a completely different taste, and I have proof for that, and I am sure you agree.
This time, I grew tomatoes and basil, organically of course, and so, I have good reason to make pasta.
- 10 vine tomatoes
- 120-150g hazelnuts
- 300g wholewheat spaghetti (or any pasta of your choice)
- 1 dense stalk of basil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta till they are aldente
- Meanwhile, soak the hazelnuts in warm water for about 10 minutes, and chop half the tomatoes roughly
- Drain the nuts and add them to a food processor with the chopped tomatoes, half the basil leaves and some starch from the cooking pasta
- Process this mixture till it forms a smooth pesto, adding a tbspn of oil in between
- Season with salt and pulse again
- When the pasta is cooked, add the pesto, and combine well
- While serving, chop up the remaining tomatoes, pluck some more fresh basil from the stalk and dress the pasta. Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!