Do you have those mid-afternoon cravings like me? If you do, then do try making these at home. These are wonderful, delicious and ever-so-simple to make.
- 22-25 Mejdool dates
- 1 cup of jumbo oats
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 2 tbspns watermelon seeds
- 2 tbspns sunflower seeds
- 1 tbspn organic honey
- 1 ½ tspn fennel seeds
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Roast the fennel seeds and then the nuts in a pan, and place them in a blender to blend them into a not-so-fine powder
- Next, blend the oats and fennel into a fine powder. You can blend oats and fennel seeds together.
- If the dates are bit tough, then soak them in warm water for about 10 minutes and then de-seed them. Blend the deseeded dates in a processor till an almost fine paste.
- Now start combining the processed nuts, oats, fennel, dates, and the watermelon seeds and sunflower seeds and honey (and oil, if you are using).
- After everything is well combined, flatten the mixture out and cut into shapes.
- The mixture is a little sticky, so you may want to line your plate with a grease-proof paper.
- Have them immediately and/or store them in the fridge. They keep well for little more than a week.