- 1 ½ cups WW flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, separated
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil/sunflower oil
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 tbspn organic sugar/coconut sugar
- ½ tspn salt
- 1 tspn double action baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Sift the flour, and mix the rest of the dry ingredients with it, in a large mixing bowl
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the egg-white until moderately stiff peaks are formed (for about 2 minutes, on medium speed)
- In another medium sized bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together (except the egg-white)
- Fold the whisked egg-white into the wet ingredients very gently. Then combine this mixture with the dry ingredients mixture carefully.
- It will be a slightly lumpy batter (as it should be for muffins); ladle the batter into your lined moulds, bake for 25-30 minutes.
Let them cool down for 10 min, and serve!
We utilized this festive season (pre-holiday season) to visit Singapore. A place that is perhaps the cleanest, most disciplined, most organized, and most lawful and mindful. Singapore is a city, country, and a district, as you already know. The citizens show immense respect towards its status by being law-abiding citizens, in the true sense.
We enjoyed our stay of 4 days by just limiting ourselves to only Singapore. While there are tourists/visitors who intend to visit Malaysia (very close to Singapore) too in their trips, we wanted to take once city at a time. In the end, we felt that not 4 days, but 1 week would be sufficient to experience Singapore in all its glory. We definitely want to go there in the holidays some time. We had the opportunity to watch some exotic animals in their natural habitats, and were very excited to even play with dolphins!
The food is Singapore is multi-cultural. There is Indian, Mediterranean, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and probably a whole lot of other cuisines. We found that other than in the Indian cuisine, there are very few options for vegetarians like us. But whatever few options we were presented with in especially Chinese food, we enjoyed their delicious dishes, and their hospitality.
A city full of life, urban, chic, full of shopping malls, and full of kind, courteous people, Singapore is an amazing place to live in!